We are a Tofu loving family, so I love finding new ways to cook with it. I stumbled upon how to bake tofu on Pinterest, thank you so much Pinterest haha!
1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu
Drain tofu and set on a papertowel lined plate. Set another piece of papertowel on top then another plate. leave for 5 minutes, this is draining extra liquid out of the tofu.
Preheat oven 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut tofu into even squares and place in a large ziplock.
Add 2 diced garlic cloves, 4T hoisin, 4T soysauce 1T redpepper flakes and 2T chili sauce to the ziplock, close and shake the bag until mixed. Let sit until oven is preheated.
With a large spoon, place the tofu on the baking sheet, separate so they aren't touching.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for 15 minutes. Take them out and carefully flip the tofu pieces before baking for another 10 minutes.
Serve with brown rice or 1uinoa! I also boiled corn for 20 minutes and edamame, yum!
Sunday, July 21, 2013
I try to have one smoothie every day for breakfast. It keeps me full until lunch and it is packed with fruits and VEGGIES! My newest creation is the Rainbow Smoothie, I then had some fun trying to create a pretty smoothie today.
Carrot Juice (100%)
*Add Ice or Water for desired consistency*
Two Smoothies in One:
*Blend, pour then clean the blender for the next smoothie*
*Add Ice or water for desired consistency*
I love salmon so much and I believe its because my dad used to makee me all kinds of fish when I was younger. Including SHARK! YUMMM! So when he came to visit he finally taught me how to cook the perfect salmon using the BBQ!
- Sockeye Salmon (the best!)
- No Salt Seasoning (Costco)
- Slices of lemon
- Place the salmon skin side down on a doubled piece of foil.
- Rub oil on it, you dont need much, but just cover and rub.
- Sprinkle the seasoning and top with a slice of lemon or two.
- Place another sheet of foil on top and curl up the sides.
- Put on the BBQ for 5-10 minutes depending on how hot your bbq is. You can always open the foil up and check to see if its done.
- Serve with veggies and quinoa!
Saturday, July 20, 2013
By popular demand from my new Instagram account "sweetsarahbee" I updated my blog with the recipe! If I knew how easy sushi rolls were to make, I wouldn't pay so much for a simple roll! I made three rolls, Veggie, Shrimp and Crab. However the veggie was my favorite, so here is the recipe!
Spicy Mayo- 4T mayo & 1 T sriracha
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 T rice wine vinegar
- 3 T sesame seeds
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- cucumber sliced thin
- 1 avocado sliced thin
- Nori sheets
Spicy Mayo- 4T mayo & 1 T sriracha
- I use a rice cooker, simple as that. So I first rinse the rise until the water runs clear, then I put the rice in the pot with 4 cups water, sesame seeds and rice vinegar.
- On a bamboo roller, place nori shiny side down and spread rice evenly leaving 2 inches free
- On the side with rice, place veggies and any other fillings 4 inches in.
- Slowly pick up the roller and press once you roll over the fillings. stop and press again, roll until you get to the end and press again. If this is too confusing go to youtube and search for how to make a sushi roll (thats what I did!).
- Move the roll to a plate and using a serrated knife, cut in half and then half again or until your pieces are at desired width. Other variations- avocado/cucumber, shrimp/veggie, crab/veggie. Also wrap just a veggie in nori! Inside the roll you can also spread in wasabi, spicy mayo or any other sauce you desire.
- I served this with spicy mayo and soysauce.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Two weeks ago, I got back on the healthy living train! I have lost 8lbs so far, GO ME!!! Here are some photos of what I've been eating (sorry for the horrible phone pics, I'll start using my big camera again soon):
Veggie stir fry with brown rice
Raw Trail Mix from Sprouts Farmers Market
Kashi Mediterranean Pizza
Kale, Spinach & Veggie Salad
Veggie & tofu stir fry
Blueberry, banana, spinach and chia seed smoothie
Veggie Burger with sauteed mushrooms, onion and spinach
Parfait: Nonfat, plain Greek Yogurt, pumpkin flax seed granola, blueberries and chia seeds
Green Veggies: Green beans, spinach, broccoli, edamame, asparagus
Parfait: Non fat plain Greek Yogurt, pureed blueberries, pumpkin flax seed granola, chia seeds and honey
Sunday, March 24, 2013
I have never made pasta with sausage in it, so I was apprehensive. BUT oh my goodness this meal was delicious! It made enough for 4 people to have seconds, and we all wished to have thirds. I'm definitely sure that this will be made again very soon. My husband told me again this morning that he loved dinner last night.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 T butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 ounce package of penne pasta cooked
- 1 1/2 T melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3 sliced Lousianna hot link sausafe
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Melt butter in saute pan or skillet.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat and fold in cheeses and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, then add mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes.
- Stir for one minute. Next add artichokes and chicken and cooked sausage, Stir.
- Stir in 1/2 of the sauce.
- Add cooked pasta followed by rest of the sauce. Stir gently.
- Serve and top with extra parm cheese & sprinkle cayenne pepper
Original Recipe from HERE
- Romaine Lettuce chopped
- Black Beans rinsed
- Avocado sliced
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cooked Chicken chopped
- Santa Fe style tortilla strips
- mushrooms sliced
- onion chopped
- BBQ sauce
- Place chopped lettuce on your place, then put the rest of the ingredients on top and use your own measurements.
- In a small bowl mix some ranch and bbq sauce together, then top the salad with desired amount.